MEN OF ST. THADDEUS (MOST)
The purpose of the Men of St. Thaddeus (MOST) is to provide an opportunity to gather and get to know other men beyond simply greeting each other at Sunday services. MOST also provides assistance, when needed, for various parish activities. Any man over the age of 18 that attends St. Thaddeus is automatically a member and can participate in these activities. Men from outside St. Thaddeus are also welcome to participate, should they desire to be a part of our activities. To “join”, simply remember to show up when something is planned.
Planned annual MOST events are:
- Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper (Feb)
- Pig Roast/BBQ for Meade Hall Strawberry Festival (May)
- Main entrée at annual meeting (Dec)
MOST do not formally meet in July. In other months (Jan, Mar, Apr, Jun, Aug-Nov), MOST meet for a meal and fellowship on the 3rd Tuesday of the month from 6:00 to about 8:00 p.m. MOST gather in the garden/terrace behind the Stevenson-McClelland Building for a “men’s night out”. These are meetings with no agenda—just a chance to socialize and enjoy a meal together. Cooking starts around 6:35 p.m., eating around 7, and heading for home around 8 p.m. For these meetings remember the following:
- Bring your entrée to cook on the grill.
- Salad, ‘taters, bread and liquid refreshment is provided.
- A $2-donation toward cost of salad, ‘taters and drinks is appreciated, but not required.
- Programs are optional; if you want one, you are in charge.