The St. Thaddeus Care Team ministry began in 2006 when a concerned group of women saw a need to assist the clergy with the pastoral needs of the church family.
Twelve teams of approximately 6-8 women and men, each with a team leader, take a week of duty on a rotational basis. Each team’s turn occurs once a quarter, the load being shared by those team members who are available. Being a part-time resident, on vacation or otherwise unavailable that week is not a problem.
Due to attrition, we always need new members.
We take care of:
- Visting or calling the homebound or those in nursing homes
- Providing meals during illnesses or bereavement
- Making phone calls to welcome new church members or visitors
- Giving rides to church or medical appointments
- Calling parishoners to provide food for receptions
This is a very fulfilling ministry with a small time commitment. To volunteer, please contact Jan Waugh at 648-0417.